Welcome to Binky Blossoms, Thank You for sharing a part of your day with me. Sit down, Relax, Listen to some Music and Just Enjoy!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Altered Dressforms Wall Vinettes with Teresa Collins & Quick Quotes Club Q Re-Do!

  Hi Everyone and do I have a treat for you! Grab a cup of coffee or tea because there are alot of pics for this one but I think (hope, lol) you'll enjoy it as much as I had making it!
Oh My Goodness I had soooooo much Fun (can you tell I thoroughly loved doing this!) with part of the October Quick Quotes Altered Kit. As you know by now Quick Quotes has teamed up with Teresa Collins this month for the October Club Q Kits and I couldn't wait to use the canvas kits for this fun project!    
 First of all I altered the canvas by cutting off some of the excess canvas and finishing off the inside of the opening with the cut off pieces of canvas because as you can see I’m using the “backside” and wanted them finished, then I painted the canvas with some Folk Art Metallic Pearl White Paint to add to the vintage feel of the papers and give it a dreamy shine!
 I had so much fun with this kit, I love to make little scenes when I get a chance and this was just perfect for these Gorgeous, Yummy papers!

 I made two little altered vignettes for the wall.

 I love to sew and so did my Mom so this is a tribute to her. I remember the old dress form that she had and I WISH I had it now! I made two, dimensional Dress Forms, one from the Cricut Cartridge Forever Young and one from the Nifty Fifties cartridge, both of the papers on the dress forms are QQ French Quarters papers and they went together perfectly with the Oct. Club Q Papers!
 I also added a dimensional Vintage looking Sewing Machine, also from the Nifty Fifties cartridge.
I love the vintage papers in this kit and I have so many old pictures of my Mom that I just had to use a fun Fashionista picture of her with these gorgeous vintage looking papers.
I used Quick Quotes Midnight Confessions Powderpuff Chalk Ink on the whole project for some depth. And the chipboard piece is from the Oct QQ Club Q Altered Optional kit which is also a Teresa Collins exclusive.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I had making it to share with everyone!
Here's a pic of the Oct. QQ Club Q Kit with all of the goodies you could get each month delivered right to your door.

Some of the other extras I used are:
Cricut Cartridges:Forever Young & Nifty Fifties
Cardstock: Colorbok and Martha Stewart
Paint: Folk Art Metallic Pearl White
Martha Stewart Border Punch
Swirl Bling: Recollections
Misc. other Bling: Hobby Lobby (strip of Bling is from QQ kit)
Flowers: Recollections
Corsage Pins: Walmart
Shoes and Purse Stickers: Hot off the Press
Corner Bracket and Cameo button (? from my stash)


Well I have another project that's posting tomorrow and it is on the same theme as the dressforms and I'll have a tutorial also on making tissue paper flowers so I sure hope you stop by. It's going to be a busy weekend, I have quite a few projects posting so I sure hope you get to see them all, you won't be dissappointed, I had a blast with all of them. Two Quick Quotes and a Stuck On U Sketches post so make sure you come back.

((Hugs)) and Take Care,
Theresa

4 comments:

Tammy E. said...

These are so beautifully elegant. I love them!

Adora Concepcion said...

omg!!! love love this Theresa!! so beautiful and elegant, wonderful tribute to your mom as well! :)

Adora

Cricut Couple said...

OMG! This is GORGEOUS!!!! Holy Cow! Stunning!!!

Stephanie Dang said...

Very nicely done! Love it!