Welcome to Binky Blossoms, Thank You for sharing a part of your day with me. Sit down, Relax, Listen to some Music and Just Enjoy!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Old West Layout and BBTB2 Challenge! (PIC Heavy!)

(I want to give you heads up warning this post is Picture Heavy)
Hi Y'all! How was your weekend? Mine was very nice! Love this weather, no more hot humid days hopefully (and nights, lol) We went to the Foothills Festival in the next county over with the neighbors and had alot of fun, then came home and BBQ'd some burgers. I was a nice peaceful weekend. McCade goes back to school after being off for the week. They had Fall break and boy I'm glad he goes back, I need to get some work done around here, lol!
Well Monday's always bring new challenges and the new challenge this week over at BBTB2 was my week to pick and I chose the Barn on The Old West Cartridge. Most of you know I'm a newbie Country Girl, moved here from Las Vegas a couple of years ago and now live out in the country. I love Old Westerns and I really do think I lived in the Old West in another life, lol! I love everything about it. When we used to live in Las Vegas we would go to the old Ghost Towns and go exploring, it was so much fun. I was trying to find all the pictures I've taken over the years we were there but it seems all those pics are in storage so I didn't get to add any pics to my Layout. (Boo Hoo, they were perfect!)
Well as you can see I did a layout for this week. I've been working on this for awhile in Design Studio and I had so so so much fun doing it! I absolutely LOVE to do little scenes when I do a layout and I really wanted to add pictures to this one because I have some great ones from a Ghost Town we had went to years ago.
(Here's from Left to Right)
(Here's from Right to Left)
Now the challenge was to use the Barn and I wanted the doors to open so I made myself some hinges and attached them with some tiny brads and that's where my journaling will be. Added the Steer horns on the Barn above the doors and a Steer skull on the fence. The old fashioned milk container is all ready to be filled when the cows get milked and the wheelbarrow is full of hay to feed the livestock.  
I love how the stagecoach turned out also, I popped it for dimension and added "Velvet" curtains in the windows. All the Old Westerns I've seen usually have curtains on the fancy stagecoach's that haul people so I had to add them also and added a brass brad for my doorknob and axles to hold the wagon wheels on. I also made the luggage that I added to the top of the stagecoach and did you see the little lantern on the seat for the driver?
The General Store has a few layers also, I added the shutters for the doors and some ribbon for window coverings (don't think you can see it that well in the pictures) And of course the General Store always has things for sale, like Feed and Hay and the ever famous Moonshine, lol!  
The stagecoach driver is all decked out with his Chaps and Leather Vest. He's tending his trusty horse and getting him all ready for the trek out west.
(Here's a closeup of the stagecoach, driver and horse)
I did alot of shading with my chalks and inks. On the wooden picture frames they are tied with some twine and added the jute for the wanted picture mats. Lots of doodling and I even did some stamping. I stamped with a dark red stamp from Fancy Pants in the corners and distressed the rest of the papers. As you have heard me say before I always have a hard time picking out pattern paper (even thought I have Tons of it, lol) but since there is so many different things going on and I didn't want to take away from the western scene I used some pretty subtle papers. Kraft paper and a small striped paper and did chalking and inking.
Well here's also a couple of pictures of the Wild West title. Added a bit of faux stitching and some shading, almost looks like real denim doesn't it! That's it for all the pictures, if you've made it this far I thank you for sticking it out till the end, believe me I truly appreciate you!
Well I sure hope you like the Layout, I can surely tell you I had a Blast making it! It took me a few days, I would work on it for awhile through out the day when I had some extra time. I love all the little details and I have to say this is probably one of my favorite layouts at the moment, lol! Hopefully you will enter the challenge over at BBTB2 and remember if you don't have the Old West Cartridge you can use ANY cartridge that has a barn on it (Create A Critter, Country Life and Paper Doll Dress Up have Barns on them) so please join in the challenge, I get to pick the person to receive the Project of the Week Blinkie that you may win for entering the challenge and then you get to display it on your blog, along with bragging rights that you won! 
I'm also adding this Layout to the challenge over at Frosted Design. There challenge this week is to use Die Cuts and I'm sure all these are considered Die Cuts and there sure are ALOT of them! Wish me luck, lol!
    Well Take Care and have a Great Day!
((Hugs)) Theresa

21 comments:

Joanna said...

WOOoooooOOOW!!! This is soo awesome! OMG I can't get over ALL of the details you put into this! YOur layouts are always my best! LOve it! :)

Sandi said...

Theresa fantastic layout, the detail in this is amazing woman, you rocked this challenge. Hugs

Rhonda Emery said...

wow wow, yes I did say wow. this is so amazing all the hard work and detail. you did it girl.

Carole Beath said...

OMG, Theresa...this LO is so fantastic. Every single little detail. It's like a real like city all wrapped up in two pages. Fantastic!!!!
Carole

DonnaMundinger said...

Holy Moley Theresa! I'm speechless! This is soo fabulously detailed I could look at it for hours!!! Hope you plan to frame this. It's much too gorgeous it keep in a book. So sorry I crapped out this week. We're doing a refi and have lots of stuff to get done. Had an idea, but didn't have time to execute. xxD

Savahanna said...

Wow there is soo much to look at. So much detail. I love the LO. What a great job you did.

365 Days of Cricut said...

Wow I love all the details, this LO is so fab you should hang it on the wall!

Glenda said...

Theresa, this is fabulous! Love it! So many different cuts and such details on each! It is great now, but when you add your favorite photos of the visit, you will certainly have a family treasure!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Wow, Theresa, these are fabulous!!! You put some work into this one!!!

Michele said...

great layout! What a terrific job.
My opinion only, I don't care for the music, I open allot of windows at a time when I'm on Cricut.com to view layouts and when music comes up it is annoying. I'm watching TV or talking on the phone etc.

Sharon said...

Awesome!! Love all the details!! Fantastic layout!!!!! :)

GiuliaG. said...

Wow Theresa, this is just jaw dropping. Such detail....must have taken you forever! You always do outstanding work....but this one takes the cake!

Glenda Joy said...

That is incredible...it must have taken eons! I love it. All of the details are amazing.

A Little Time said...

OMGosh!! This is so totally incredible! Your attention to detail is just amazing! WOW!

Jeri said...

Oh my word,Theresa. Unbelievable. You just do amazing layouts. Thanks for picking such a great cut for the DT to work with.

Barb Craft said...

Wow!!! Talk about details!!! This LO is amazing!! I love all the frames and die cuts!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Frosted Designs!!
Barb :)

all the days of our life said...

WOW!!!This is AMAZING!!!! I love all the details the die cuts are all wonderful. Love love love the whole LO. Thanks for playing with us at Frosted Designs.

Unknown said...

I am SPEECHLESS! This has got to be one of the best layouts I've ever seen! You need to submit that over a Cricut... or for publication somewhere!! Wow. Great job. Beautiful... outstanding! :-)

Crystal said...

OH MY GOSH! WOW! I cannot express how WONDERFUL this layout it! OH MY all the details! STUNNING JUST STUNNING! Thanks for playing at Frosted Designs!

Unknown said...

i think that has to be one of the best layouts i have ever seen. love it
michele
tishy34@hotmail.com

Grace Baxter said...

You did a fabulous job on this western layout. So much detail!