Welcome to Binky Blossoms, Thank You for sharing a part of your day with me. Sit down, Relax, Listen to some Music and Just Enjoy!

Monday, October 11, 2010

BBTB2 Weekly Challenge-Haunted House!!!!!!

Hi everyone and Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. McCade had to sing again this weekend for a March of Dimes walk at the park, it turned out really well and it was a beautiful day for a walk in the park for a good cause!
Now today is challenge day over at Bitten By The Bug 2 and this week we are to use the 3-D Haunted House from the Happy Hauntings cartridge. I just got the cartridge last week and was all ready to make the house then I realized that when I make it what do I do with it after Halloween? We have a VERY small house and not a ton of storage and even if I put it in a box with just the house in it it would be taking up my precious "space" so I asked Heather if it would be okay if I did a Layout instead of the house and she said "Absolutely" so here is my interpretation of The Haunted House in a Layout!
Now, to me this is a bit "busy" for me, lol, if you can believe that, but what I mean is, the colors are a bit busy! I think it looks more complicated then it was to do. And of course again I had a hard time with the pattern papers. The Halloween papers I had were too busy so I used a light purple (you can't really tell in the picture) and a lighter burst pattern paper and a bit of Black Ric Rak.
I did a bunch of embossing and popping again and used a Martha Stewart spiderweb punch around the page, added some stickles and of course some bling! Gotta have the glitter and the bling, lol! I also used a shimmer rub on paint to highlight some of the embossing and of course used my trusty chalks again. 
I just love how this embossed chandelier turned out and I accented it also with a silver and gold jelly roll pen (I used the gold on the flames of the candles) I had to add it even though it will probably get covered by a picture!  
Now the journaling is going under the tombstone. It lifts up and you can write on the inside. Pretty neat huh!? There is also alot of faux stitching and doodling on both pages. I sure hope you join us over at BBTB2 and remember if you don't have the Happy Haunting Cartridge you are free to use ANY Haunted House from any cartridge and if you want to do a dimensional house and don't have Happy Hauntings feel free to use the dimensional houses on Winter Woodlands and just make them into "Haunted Houses"!
There is also a challenge going on over at Frosted Design and it is to use Doodling/Handwriting on your project, anything goes but it has to be doodling on your project, go and check it out HERE.

14 comments:

Sandi said...

wow stunning layout, great detail, hugs

Susan Edwards said...

Oh you smartie pants you! Great idea to go with a layout - an embossed layout at that. I cannot believe ALL of the TONS of details you added to the layout - WOW! That is just amazing!!!

Susan

Carole Beath said...

Theresa, this is so fantastic, I gasped. I love the whole LO and every single detail is just a WOW factor. That house is fantastic.
Hugs
Carole

Sharon said...

This is just awesome!!! I loooove it!!!!! :)

Audrey Frelx said...

Theresa, I love-love-love it!!! I don't think it's too busy at all!!! I think it's fabulous!

flowerdisco said...

wonderful and I love the colors ....sometimes we just have to step outside the norm hehehe

GiuliaG. said...

Stunning layout, Theresa. It looks like you put your heart and soul into it....I love love love all the detail...Amazing!

A Little Time said...

WOW! WOW! WOW!! I love how you used the house in a layout. That is so creative and original. Love it, Theresa!!!

Joanna said...

Another amazing layout! I love how spooky this looks! Great job my friend! :)

Ladybug said...

Theresa, that LO is the "bomb"!!!! :-)

Not too busy at all, IMHO! Love everything you did w/ it!!! Beautiful! TFS! :-)

Savahanna said...

Umm...WOW! This layout is amazing. There is so much stuff to look at. I love all the embossing. The chandelier turned out great. and I love the tombstone for jounaling. I guess I just love your LO. Hehe :)

all the days of our life said...

OMGosh, this is amazing, the haunted house, that mirror with the chandelier is AMAZING, I just love it all. Thanks for playing with us at Frosted Designs.

Angie said...

Fantastic job on this LO!!!

LollyChops said...

You do amazing work! I added you to my blog roll and reader!!!