Welcome to Binky Blossoms, Thank You for sharing a part of your day with me. Sit down, Relax, Listen to some Music and Just Enjoy!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Circle Weekly Challenge Entry!

Well I'm taking the plunge and entering the weekly challenge at the Cricut Circle Blog. It was to do a Halloween project and use some type of transparent element. Well I've been making these recycled pumpkins with old sweaters and I tried a new idea using denim. I just LOVE Denim, and love to recycle fabrics (remember my Aprons HERE.) I originally found the idea of the sweaters from a great blog I just love called 612 Riverside and her name is Theresa too (that's probably another reason I like her so much, lol!) Well I thought I would do a home decor project with the pumpkins and figured I would add a Paper Leaf so I could add it into the challenge. Anyway I was looking for a leaf and came across this one from the Tinkerbell Cartridge and the Flower is from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More and the Clear Plastic piece is from one of the clamshells from a cart and the I embossed it with the Devine Swirls CB Folder. The Flower actually opens up as a tag. I will be giving these as gifts this year for the family when we go to Ohio for Thanksgiving and definitely McCades teachers will be getting these also. If everyone likes them let me know and I will try and do a tutorial on them but I just want to make sure with Theresa over at 612 Riverside if she doesn't mind. I've added a few of my own elements but I want to give credit where credit is due. I'm sure all of you know where I'm coming from on that note.
Well wish me luck on the challenge, there is alot of really great things there and this isn't your typical Halloween decor and colors so I hope it isn't disqualified for that but I like to different once in awhile and this is different sooooooooooo........................................
I'll keep you all posted, so Take Care and Chat with you all later!
((Hugs)) Theresa

9 comments:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh my gosh Theresa - this is awesome!!! I love that the flower opens into a card too!!! The textures of the fabric is just wonderful!
Melissa

the old white house said...

These turned out wonderful Theresa! (love the name btw!) I know you'll understand this but as I have been making many of these I was thinking I should try a denim one too! Because once you start making them no fabric is safe! I appreciate the sweet comments on your post but the tutorial isn't exactly mine, I got it from http://hummadeedledee.blogspot.com/ she showed some that I like and then made the ones I made from my own little noggin and imagination. I think art is like that, everything and everyone can be an inspiration to make your project one of a kind! Thank you and your pumpkins are fabulous! Good Luck with the challenge! Theresa xoxo

JaniceA said...

I love the pumpkin, it is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing.

KimCreate said...

WOW, fantastic, looks like a winner to me!
Kim

Glenda said...

These are cute and so unique pumpkins! Good luck with the challenge!!

Audrey Frelx said...

These are GREAT!!! How did you ever think to do those?!!! Looks like a winner to me too, good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

I am loving your sweater pumpkins Theresa! You are so talented from fabrics to paper!! I also love that the flower opens to a tag, how cute! These certainly are winners in my book!
Brenda aka footballmom

flowerdisco said...

good luck dear friend. thy look very pretty. and those pumpkins are too cute and maybe you have to do two tuts :)

Debi Ward Kennedy said...

Theresa, I love how you have embellished the pumpkins! Just beautiful...

I wanted to let you know that I originated these 'Sweet Sweater Pumpkins' in 2006, and first posted them on my blog in 2007. In 2008, I posted a tutorial on how to make them { http://hummadeedledee.blogspot.com/2008/09/pumpkin-inspiration-tutorial.html } and have also taught classes on making them! The tutorial has been linked to, re-posted, and the pumpkins are being re-created all over the place, so you are most welcome to link to my original tutorial! ;0)

Deb @ Retreat