Welcome to Binky Blossoms, Thank You for sharing a part of your day with me. Sit down, Relax, Listen to some Music and Just Enjoy!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Quick Quotes Sneak Peeks combined with Spellbinders!

Hi everyone and today I'm sharing the last of the new paper releases from Quick Quotes that will be at CHA this year and I can say that these are my FAVORITE!!! It's called "One Fine Day" and I Love, Love, Love the colors and designs on these! I will definitely be getting more of these papers, I have a few more ideas that I want to do with them, along with my Spellbinders Dies!
Yes I used my Spellbinders Grand Caliber Die Cut Machine along with some great dies to create this Gorgeous Easel card!     
 It's a pretty big card (6" x 6 1/2") and 5" when opened and in Easel position and it is a non-traditional Baby Card! (How's that for thinking outside the box, lol!) I used by brand spankin new die, Spellbinders Creative Book Pages for the basic card shape and then added some of the "pages" for the popped layers along with using the Spellbinders Labels Four Small to showcase my stamped saying. I also inked everything with Quick Quotes Mocha Mama Powderpuff Chalk Ink 
 Now here is a view from the top so you can see the pretty flowers, Birds Nest Stamp (which I colored with Colored Pencils and Gamsol) Bow, Bling and all that Dimension!
Here's a pic of the birds nest stamped image. It's a stamp I've had for quite awhile and I just love it! I forgot I had it but since doing some cleaning and reorganizing I found it! Now I don't have any Copic markers (Yet, lol) so I still do it the old fashioned way with colored pencils and Gamsol (Mineral Spirits) I stamped the image with Staz On Ink and then colored with my Prismacolor Pencils, it doesn't have to be perfect, you can leave some white peeking through, and then you just use a blending stump and Gamsol to "blend" the colors. You dip the stump in the gamsol and then touch it to the colors and they blend (almost like water colors). I'm going to try a paint brush next time I do this, just curious how it will work!!!! You need to keep dipping your stump into the gamsol and may need to use a couple of different stumps because you don't want the colors to smear into each other, but that's it! Looks pretty good and since I've Never used Copics I can't compare, but I will take the plunge one day, I just don't need another obsession at the moment, LOL!
Now here's a close up of the Spellbinders Labels Four Small Die along with a little added Bling!
Here's a close up of the gorgeous flowers with, of course, some added Bling!
And last but not least one last picture at another angle to show you some of the dimension and those gorgeous papers!
Well I sure hope you all enjoyed the sneak peeks from CHA and the new Quick Quotes Papers and all the fun we had with our Grand Caliber Machines (Thank You Again Spellbinders!) I love all the gorgeous colors and so much versatility with each line (One Fine Day is my FAV so far, lol)  Which ones are your favs and what will you be creating with them once you get your hands on them?! Please, do share with us!
((Hugs)) and Take Care, Theresa

**(I'm also entering this into the challenge over at Whimsical Designs: Anything Goes! You have two weeks to enter!)

(Products used: Papers: QQ One Fine Day, Ink: QQ Mocha Mama, Grand Caliber with Creative Book Pages and Labels Four Small, Bird Nest Stamp: Anita's, Stamped saying: Cloud 9 Design, Colored Pencils: Prismacolors, Flowers: Petaloo, Prisma and Recollections, Bling: Hobby Lobby, Bow (Ribbon) Wright's)   

5 comments:

Annette said...

Theresa, the detailing on your card is beautiful! Love the quote:)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Beautiful card. I love all the details and the colors you chose. TFS

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS, Theresa! Love how you used the Nesties and all of the bling is just "brilliant" LOL! Beautiful layout! Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Wednesdays!

Sabrina said...

Gorgeous card! I love the shape and all of your amazing detail. I love the inside sentiment, it's sooooo true!
Thanks for playing along in our "anything goes" challenge this week at Whimscial Designs!
Sabrina

shelly said...

theresa your card is so beautiful! great colors pretty flowers and shape of card. thanks for sharing with us at whimwednesdays :)