Welcome to Binky Blossoms, Thank You for sharing a part of your day with me. Sit down, Relax, Listen to some Music and Just Enjoy!

Monday, January 17, 2011

BBTB2 ARMADILLO! Why?..........Just Because! LOL

An Armadillo? Well it's Monday of course and you all know that Monday's are Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge day right? (And Oh What A Challenge This Was, lol!)
So what does an Armadillo have to do with BBTB2 you ask! Well my Lovely Design Team Sister Krista, chose the Armadillo from the Birthday Bash cartridge! Well I didn't have the Birthday Bash cart so Krista decided to let us also use a Whimsical Bird from any cartridge if you didn't have the Armadillo, 
but I knew I had seen an Armadillo somewhere.................. 
And Lo and Behold...........................................
I found it on the Imagine More Cartridge for the Imagine!
And since I don't really use my Imagine as much as should (to rectify the cost of Having to Have It, lol!) So what better way to take on a challenge then putting your boots on and jumping in with four feet (get it, the Armadillo has boots on!) LOL!
And "Just Because".......................
I had to add some Faux Stitching and bling to my card with the Teal Bling on the scallops! Everything is popped and layered and inked. To make the card base I used the Bloom Lite cartridge and welded two scallops together and then cut the Red scallop and embossed it with the Swiss Dots folder and the "Your One Of A Kind" and "Hi" is from the Wild Card cartridge. Even added a googly eye for Mr. Armadillo (Ken's idea, lol)! 
Now I won't lie to you all, I really do like all the layering with paper much more then using the Imagine. It is alot faster to do it with the Imagine and it takes all the guess work out of picking papers but it still doesn't have the dimension that the good ole fashioned layering does (but it does save some time if your in a hurry) And that's "Just my opinion", lol!

Well everyone, I sure hope you take on the weekly challenge with us over at BBTB2. And remember, if you don't have Birthday Bash or an Imagine with the Imagine More cartridge, please feel free to use any cartridge with a whimsical bird on it! And we all know that there are PLENTY of Birds on all those cartridges! So have fun with it, I Sure Did, LOL!

Thanks for stopping by, please leave me a comment letting me know how you like your Imagine, if you have one, I'm just curious if your happy with yours and if you use it alot or think you just got caught up in the hype of something new. Even if you don't have an Imagine Please leave your comments, I LOVE reading each and every one of them! Have a great week and hope to see you at the Challenge!

((Hugs)) and Take Care, Theresa 

16 comments:

Glenda said...

Hi Theresa! What a cute, creative card...love the boots. Pretty papers! I do not own an Imagine, but agree with you, I like the dimension that layering adds to our projects.
Just to let you know, when I clicked the link for this post, it took me to a post above this one which is dated Aug 30, 2011--the past apron challenge.
Glenda
http://glendascards.blogspot./

Sheena said...

Cute!! those boots are too cute :) TFS

Audrey Frelx said...

OMG, this card is so much fun and so cute!!!

I'm getting inspired so take a much closer look at my Imagine carts, that's for sure!!!

Jeri said...

If I hadn't just gotten that Birthday Bash cartridge I would have used this same Imagine cut. I thought of it immediately when I saw the armadillo challenge. I agree with you about the layering. It saves time to just let the Imagine do it for you, but it's just not the same. Love the bling you added.

flowerdisco said...

to tell you the truth i haven't seen too many nice cards with the imagine yet (i am not saying they are none) but this one. love the vibrant rich colors you used. love it!

my first and last time seen an armadillo was at disney in 2000, he was crossing the street. would love to touch one and see how it feels, lol.

Sandi said...

Theresa this is so great, and I know it will take a while for Krista to live down the Armadillo! ROFL. Hugs

Carole Beath said...

I thought about getting Birthday Bash but I am on a strict "no more buying" vendetta on cartridges. I have some I've never used. I really smiled when I saw the cute cards with the Armadillo. Who knew?????....
Your card is darling....
Carole

GiuliaG. said...

Theresa your card is too too adorable!

Maria said...

Your project made me smile! I would have never even thought to look on my Imagine cartridges to find another armadillo! I like yours much better :-)
Maria

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Wow! I hope being silly is a good thing and not bad:(
Your project is cute..I am sorry it changed so many times, but honestly I won't bore you with all the details..Bottom line is I was just trying to make everyone happy...Look at it this way he looks great...Krista

PeggyLovesVintage said...

Wow! What a cute armadillo! Never thought I'd be saying that! lol Love his hat and boots!

Karen Pinsonat said...

Such a fun card, love all the added bling!

DonnaMundinger said...

He's just ADORABLE! Obviously I haven't even looked at my Imagine carts. In fact I haven't even been successful at calibrating it because when it first came my mat wouldn't stick. I have new mats, but the whole thing seems like sort of a pain. Fortunately I got my I for free at CHA, LOL. Got to figure it out eventually, but I'm with you. You know I love to layer. LOVE your card, though. I will now remember that armadillo. xxD

A Little Time said...

Oh, he is so cute!! I LOVE the boots!! I'm always so impressed with all the details you add to your work. WOW!

shelly said...

what a cute armadillo...in boots non the less. ya know ive been wanting the imagine machne, but if you cant layer , well that makes me know for sure i do not want it as layering is my preferance especialy for its price! thanks for the heads up. :)

Lori1brat said...

I LOVE the background of your armadillo card, and the colors are just FANTASTIC ! Great job finding an alternate armadillo - you are good !