Welcome to Binky Blossoms, Thank You for sharing a part of your day with me. Sit down, Relax, Listen to some Music and Just Enjoy!

Monday, August 2, 2010

Dino Crossing over at the BBTB2 challenge!

Well it's Monday and that means a new challenge over at BBTB2 and this week it's going to be all about the Dinosaur's. It's Reader's Choice and the original cart was Dinosaur Tracks and since I don't have that cart (and I think most of the gals on the Design Team didn't either, most used  Paper Doll Dress Up, so Heather changed it to Paper Doll Dress Up, LOL) But now if you have Dino Tracks Cart and want to enter the challenge go ahead and use Dino Tracks. There are also  Dino's on Create A Critter, B is for Boy and Birthday Cakes carts.  
Well I didn't know what to do with this one but as always once I get going I just can't stop, LOL! I was originally going to make a card and it blossomed into another layout. I was having some problems with the colors and originally I wanted to do brighter colors but I just couldn't get the colors to go so it's a pretty monocramatic green color scheme with touchs of brown, LOL! And I did ALOT of chalking! It really gives alot of personality to those little Dino's, Hee Hee! I did alot of pen work (which doesn't show up good in the pics but click on a pic to see it better) and did some popping for some more dimension and the journaling spot is under the title where the Dino Crossing is (the font is from Hello Kitty Font by the way) and also, what do you think of.............  
that Lava!!? Pretty cool huh!? Yep, had to get some sparkle on this layout somehow, LOL! So I added some red stickles for the icing on the cake, (or lava on a volcano) so to speak! LOL And also added some basic bundling twine for a bit more interest other then using ribbon, gives it a little more rugged feel don't you think? Well that's it for now, hope you will join us in the challenge over at BBTB2 I would love to see your take on this challenge. It's always easy for us to do the frilly cutesy challenges but this one, at least for me, really was a "challenge"! LOL have a great week, Take Care and Froggie ((Hugs)) Theresa.

16 comments:

Karen Pinsonat said...

You did such an awesome job chalking the dinosaurs, I'm in awe! And LOVE that lava! :-)

Sharon said...

Awesome layouts! Just awesome!! That lava is great! :)

Maureen Reiss said...

Wow!! Great LO! Love all the shading and the lava looks awesome!

greenchick said...

Very super nice LO! Great touch on the volcano!

Carole Beath said...

Oh wow...what a fantastic LO..... I love all those wonderful details.
Carole

Josie0602 said...

How cute!! I love all the little details you added!

Jeri said...

Wonderful layout. Gorgeous details!

flowerdisco said...

awesome! and I love the lava too. The color combo it goes great with the theme.

Where is the grass from? I love it too.

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice you did a great job tfs

Audrey Frelx said...

Wow, my friend!!! What great layout pages!!!

A Little Time said...

This is really cool!! I LOVE the lava and the twine with it's rustic feel. I also really like the chalking you did on the dinos. What a perfect layout!!

Joanna said...

Wow another awesome LO! Soo many details..it's great!

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow is this FABULOUS!!!! So detailed and the colors really make it cohesive and will show off pix just perfectly. (Listen to me, like I know what I'm talking about with layouts, but I DO know what I like! ) Wish I hadn't missed this challenge. The stuff is AWESOME! xxD

Lynn Biermann said...

Wow what fabulous work!! I adore the lo & the twine/jute is such a great touch!!!
I also want to thank you for the sweet kind words you left on my blog regarding my mom! Scrappers are the best buddies! Your thoughts really mean alot! thanks again! :)

Unknown said...

I love your layout, and I also love looking at your blog.I awarded your blog "The Cherry On Top" blog award in order to except it you must go to my blog.

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled across you blog, it's beautiful! I love the dino pages, this inspires me to get my Dino Tracks out. I also loved the Halloween page.
Great job, thanks for sharing.
Melanie
jones0398@sbcglobal.net